Motherboard Drivers Question

DKPminus

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
So I just finished my new build, and I'm having issues. Everything works up to the point after I have installed Windows 8. I put in the MSI drivers disk for my MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard, and the DVD drive doesn't recognize the disk. I'm not sure if the disk is messed up, or something else, but I need those drivers...for the ethernet to work at the very least.
I plan on downloading the drivers to a USB on another computer and transfer them to my new comp.

I've searched, but I can't find a download for the entire driver set, just bits and pieces. If anyone knows where I can find a complete set of drivers, or knows which drivers I absolutely should get, please let me know!

Thanks!

Getting the drivers from the MSI website, as indicated by Entomber, is more likely to be the most recent versions. As far as the optical drive goes, make sure you've connected the SATA cable at both ends and if it IS already connected, try a different SATA port on the motherboard.

Keep in mind, if you have any M.2 devices installed, the SATA 5 and SATA 6 ports will not function, so use a different header.