Atterus

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2015
Hello all!

I had a question regarding more typical motherboards on the market. I see most usually indicate the temperatures they can get up to before having trouble, but I wanted some slightly more in depth information.

I'm looking for a commercially available motherboard that can operate in temperatures up to 60C (most seem to meet that mark easily) BUT, also be basically mounted to the front of a rattly V6 and bouncing all over a dirt road. I'm not looking for something that absolutely will never break in those conditions, but more I'm asking if something like the various "high durability" boards offered by the brand names would be capable of handling that punishment (in the vein of the Gigabyte UD series). It needs to be a ATX since we're attaching some PCIe cards (locked) and planning on using one of the T series chips to minimize heat generation.

I'm aware it is not a kind environment to stick a mobo into, but the needs of the mission etc. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Solution
I believe you are asking for too much and no Mobo manufacturers cater for someone who has an extremely niche use case like you do. Gigabyte "Ultra Durable" offers nothing physically superior than competitors. In other words, don't go look for one that's going to withstand physical abuse, they are all as strong and as weak as each other.
I believe you are asking for too much and no Mobo manufacturers cater for someone who has an extremely niche use case like you do. Gigabyte "Ultra Durable" offers nothing physically superior than competitors. In other words, don't go look for one that's going to withstand physical abuse, they are all as strong and as weak as each other.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS