Question Motherboard ECS H310CH5-M2 Not displaying video with processor Intel Core I5 9400F (series F)

Oct 14, 2021
Hi guys,

The motherboard cannot display any video, with or without an external PCIE video card. When we try a different processor (not series F) it works ok. The web page says it supports this processor.
To sort this issue, we had to use another micro, then change from UEFI to LEGACY, and then change the micro again to the 9400F.
We did all these things when we first bought this mother, but now the motherboards's battery died, BIOS resetted, and we don´t have another processor to do this.

Please help us!
Thanks in advance

Oct 14, 2021
what the bios version?
F series need gpu.
I cannot access the BIOS to get the version, but ECS has just answered.
This is the response (I haven´t tested it yet):

This problem is caused by the graphics card does not support UEFI BIOS. Some low end graphics cards have this issue.
As you mentioned that the CMOS battery is dead and the BIOS setting will resume to default and the BIOS will change back to UEFI boot mode.
The only way to change the BIOS setting back to Legacy boot mode is using a CPU with integrated GPU or a UEFI BIOS supported graphics card to let the system have video output and change the BIOS setting.