Motherboard error A2 then 99

DreamLast

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
I have a EMaxx A70FM2HD-ICAFE motherboard, Western Digital 320gb 7200rpm oem hdd both are brand new, installed my new Asus gt 730 ddr3 128bit fermi video card, i used it for at least 6 hrs then i went to bed, when i booted it the mobo went from a2 then 99. I went to bios and saw that the sata was being read as 0.0gb. I reset the settings to default but nothing then I changed the combined ide setting on, nothing, then I took of the video card and 1 of the ram sticks then rebooted, still nothing. Everything on my pc is new and Im still kind of new to the pc thing so i dont know what to do next.

Edit: sometimes in just go straight to 99

Solution
Hey there again, @DreamLast!

I'm sorry for the late reply myself. The ticking noises are definitely not a good sign. I'd hope you don't have any important data on the HDD that was not backed up. These sounds usually indicate internal hardware failure on the drive, so yes, the best thing to do is contact the reseller's customer support and replace the product ASAP.

Best of luck!
SuperSoph_WD
Welcome to the community, @DreamLast!

I'd recommend you try resolving the issue by clearing the CMOS battery and resetting BIOS. I'd also recommend you make sure you have mounted the HDD properly inside the PC (to the PSU and to the motherboard), making sure there are no loose cables. It might also be a good idea to swap the SATA cable and the SATA port where the drive is connected. If you have access to another computer, try your WD OEM drive there as well. This will help us determine what is the source of the issue.

Keep me posted!
SuperSoph_WD

DreamLast

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016

Sorry for the late reply, I tried the resetting bios, it didn't work. We have a old spare hdd, when we plugged it in, it booted! When we plugged in the new one(the one that's having problems, i noticed a ticking sound, my friend told me that it was the problem not the motherboard. I'm contacting the seller now so i think im all set. Thank you!

Hey there again, @DreamLast!

I'm sorry for the late reply myself. The ticking noises are definitely not a good sign. I'd hope you don't have any important data on the HDD that was not backed up. These sounds usually indicate internal hardware failure on the drive, so yes, the best thing to do is contact the reseller's customer support and replace the product ASAP.

Best of luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution