May 14, 2020
Hello. I’m working on my first pc build and I’m trying to make a test bench like setup just for the first boot. I’ve only installed cpu, cpu cooler, 2x ram sticks and 24 pin and cpu power.
at first I used an intel celeron g4900 on an evga z370 ftw motherboard and 2x8gb g skill ripjaws v ram and I got a post code 53, memory initialization failed, no usable memory. I went from slots 2,4 to just 2 and then 4. Then tried 1,3 and 1 then 3. Looked for bent cpu pins, cleaned off thermal paste on cpu, was preowned and covered when it arrived. Same result, post 53. I switched ram for Corsair vengeance rgb pro, same result
I used my intel i5 9600k. Tried the same 2 ram sticks, ripjaws V and Corsair and even tried g skill trident. Always the same thing, post code 53.
I just don’t know what to do, motherboard is the only common denominator but doesn’t look bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I’m sorry for length, I just wanted to be thorough.

May 14, 2020
The Celeron is not supported on that board and if you want to use the 9600K you need a certain BIOS version minimum so it can be supported.
Would that cause it to say a memory error? I know it needs a bios update but I’ve heard some people say it would boot. What would be the cheapest cpu to use just to get booted and do bios updates? Would intel celeron g4930 work?