Motherboard Fan Control

zaferb

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Hello, right basically I recently upgraded my motherboard to a msi h110m pro-vh (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H110M-PRO-VH.html#down-bios) and I plugged in the fan splitter into the sysfan header and it is all working but the case fan is now holding at about 2000rpm.

Now this has made one of my fans very loud, now I did look at the manual and it says that the sys fan is a voltage mode fan control instead of PWM.

My question is, would a fan controller actually provide control for these fans or would the best option simply be replacing the case fan for a quieter one or could a fan controller or even a different splitter help?

zaferb

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
I have indeed tried the fan curve on both the bios and the msi utility.

Right so the issue I have is that my friend has the same motherboard and his was prebuilt and I've now tested his and he can control these fan speeds, what I noticed is that there isn't actually any fans plugged into the sys_fan header, so in this case how would they have been connected to allow for fan control?

If he has a fan controller then maybe its connected to a USB header, but it has to go thru the motherboard somehow to be controlled, unless you connect to PSU and do it on the fan hub itself. Is hard to say without knowing exact setup.

zaferb

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Sorry for not replying for a while! I got around the issue at the moment by using the adapter in the CPU, it's not really ideal and I'm most likely just going to replace the noisey case fan as the other 2 are quiet.

Don't really mind the motherboard however because of this slight nuisance I probably wouldn't recommend it.