Question Motherboard fan headers + Fan problem solution?

Lol___

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
So I'm currently trying to build an ITX setup with the new Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming Motherboard. From what it's showing the motherboard has 3 fan headers: 1 for the CPU (CPU_FAN), 1 for the chassis (CHA_FAN), and another for the pump (AIO_PUMP). And the current cooling solution that I'm trying to use is: Deepcool rf140 (x2) fans, Deepcool rf120 (x1), and the Fractal Design Celsius S24.

What I'm thinking of doing is mounting the liquid cooling (S24) on the top, the 120mm (rf120) in the rear and the dual 140mm fans (rf140) on the front of the chassis. The only problem with this is that I'm left with only 2 fan headers (CHA_FAN, CPU_FAN) for the case fans after I connect the s24 to the AIO_PUMP. I've thought about using a fan splitter to connect the 140mm fans to the CHA_FAN and just using the CPU_FAN for the 120mm, but I'm not completely sure what effect connecting the 120mm to the CPU_FAN might have and whether I should do this.

On a side note, can I receive some feedback about using the 140mm fans to pull in air and using the fans on the radiator and 120mm fan to push the air out? The total calculated airflow (CFM) pulling in air is 128.2 CFM and pushing out is 144.1 CFM, which amounts to slightly negative pressure in the case (disregarding the air sucked in through various holes in the case).

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
If all your fans are PWM, then might as well invest in a PWM hub/splitter, like the one made by Swiftech or Phanteks. That will mean you connect hub to CPU_FAN header and all fans and pump are connected to the hub. Thus the fans will be managed with CPU temps.

Make and model of your chassis?

Lol___

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
If all your fans are PWM, then might as well invest in a PWM hub/splitter, like the one made by Swiftech or Phanteks. That will mean you connect hub to CPU_FAN header and all fans and pump are connected to the hub. Thus the fans will be managed with CPU temps.

Make and model of your chassis?
It's the Fractal Design Mesify C Mini. I realized that the case fans had a fan hub included so I just used that to connect the fans. Thanks for the help!