Motherboard flickers with slight pressure, system won't post.

Jun 3, 2018
Hi there! I'm trying to finish a build with a ryzen 2700x installed in an Asus tuf x470 plus gaming. The system won't post, case fans won't spin. The only thing that happens is the motherboard lights up when I flip the switch on the psu. I've tried shorting the power button pins, still nothing. No bent pins on the cpu either.

What I have noticed is if I put a bit of pressure on various areas of the board, not even enough to bend it much, the lights on the board flicker on and off. Any idea what the issue might be? I'm inclined to say it's a bad board.

ZeroWhite

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Issues like this can be difficult to diagnose but judging by your description a good place to start would be to check the motherboard
standoffs. I'd verify there are no extra standoffs pressing against the back of the board (or any wandering screws that may have fallen
and ended up lodged between the board and the chassis). From there i'd follow up with making sure you have all your power connectors connected fully.

The idea behind these tests is that by pressing against the board you can cause it to have a reaction which could indicate some sort of short.

TRENDING THREADS