Question Motherboard for 3600 with 1660 super?

Jan 4, 2020
Hello, my question is for 1660 super gpu 3600 would be fine? In pc bottleneck shows there is 15 cpu bottleneck. And second question motherboard for 3600 msi gaming plus is good enough or i need get better board like tomahawk max but if i get 3600 dont really have money for tomahawk max. Thanks for help

I don't know what "pc bottleneck" site you used but its completely incorrect, there will be no bottleneck what so ever. Even older CPUs are now just starting to bottleneck modern graphics cards.

Mobos have no effect on performance of either the CPU or GPU. Motherboards only matter on what features you want and when you get into the realm of heavy overclocking or high power draw CPUs the quality of components they use such as VRMs.

Yes the MSI Gaming Plus is fine, in fact its a good choice because if the BIOS isnt updated out of the box to support Ryzen 3000 that motherboard can be updated without a compatible CPU already installed. Page 39

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7B86v1.2-GSE-LITE.pdf

Promx

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2015
1660 Super if completely viable choice for 1080p and maybe even some 1440p.

The B450 Gaming Plus should work just fine with updated bios.
Personaly i would recommend Msi b450 Mortar Max, if they have it in stock in your country. Should be cheaper than Tomahawk max.

Reactions: Costa47

WildCard999

Titan
Excellent board for the price, will support the 3600 out of the box and has wifi/bt.

PCPartPicker Part List
Motherboard: ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $79.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-04 13:50 EST-0500

As others have stated the bottleneck calculators are absolute garbage as they don't account for resolution nor game.

Jan 4, 2020
Thanks, i was wondering about that bottleneck, thanks for explaning that i should not worry about that.
About mortal max has better vram cooling if You recommend this than gaming plus max?
And i will not try heavy overclock.

WildCard999

Titan
Any of the MSI MAX boards will work fine. As for overclocking I wouldn't worry too much about it as the boost clock speeds are about as fast as they are going to get without some good aftermarket cooling (stock cooler is usually sufficient for base/boost speeds), just be sure to pair that motherboard/CPU with fast memory as AMD Ryzen performs better with it (3200mhz is ideal, also make sure it's in dual channel 2x8).

Jan 4, 2020
Thanks for help, when im buying pc parts cant choose one and pick it, always thinking maybe buy better one maybe but this and that. If gaming plus max works then i take that and pay more for 3600 ryzen. Gpu 1660 super is already in my pc. About ram i gonna pick corsair vengeance lpx 16gb 3200mhz or G.SKILL RIPJAWSV REV.2 16GB 3200MHZ CL16 DDR4 XMP2 who will be cheaper.
But big thanks for help and have a nice day :) :)