[SOLVED] Motherboard for 3900x for around 200$

happymatei

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am leaning towards either the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE or the ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS for a build with:
  • 4 x 16gb DDR4 3200/3600 mhz
  • Ryzen 3900x with no OC, just the PB activated ( no PBO )
  • 4 case fans
  • Meshify C case

My concerns:
  1. Which one do you recommend?
  2. If i choose the Aorus Elite, is there a way to use the USB-C that is in the front of the case if i use a Meshify C one? ( The case does not have a front USB-C port )
  3. Is there a way to to connect all 4 fans to the motherboard so i have control over them through PWM?

Thank you!

Don’t cheap out on a 3900x, but if you are going to I’d get the Aurous myself. If you can put it in your budget, get the Ausous Master. Definitely get DDR 3600 CAS 16, you can pick up a cheap set of 16GB for around $85, nice set is around $110 with RGB and all

Hi everyone,

I am leaning towards either the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE or the ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS for a build with:
  • 4 case fans
  • Meshify C case
My concerns:
  2. If i choose the Aorus Elite, is there a way to use the USB-C that is in the front of the case if i use a Meshify C one? ( The case does not have a front USB-C port )
  3. Is there a way to to connect all 4 fans to the motherboard so i have control over them through PWM?
Thank you!

Go for the Aorus Elite. It has an Intel LAN port instead of realtek.

Aorus Elite.
  1. 1 x CPU fan header
  2. 1 x water cooling CPU fan header
  3. 2 x system fan headers
Buy some fan splitter cable and plug your 4 case fan on the 2 system fan headers.

Hi everyone,

• 4 case fans
  • Meshify C case
My concerns:
Thank you!

Go for the Aorus Elite. It has an Intel LAN port instead of realtek.

Aorus Elite.
  1. 1 x CPU fan header
  2. 1 x water cooling CPU fan header
  3. 2 x system fan headers
Buy some fan splitter cable and plug your 4 case fan on the 2 system fan headers. For the USB-C I have no idea. I have a case with one at the front and I use the same board.

happymatei

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
Thank you for answering!

Would it be better to go for a b450 or b470 or even b550?

I am asking because i won't OC the cpu and just keep it default and i saw that heating is a major issue with the x570 because of the pcie 4, which i wont use anyway, probably not in the next 5-8 years.

Ty!

happymatei

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
There’s no heat issue in an x570. Tho only “heat issue” is using pcie 4.0 speed m.2 and as long as you get a board with a m.2 heatsink it’s a non issue. No way I’d get less than a X570 for a 3900x

Thanks for answering!

I was under the impression that the x570 modifies automatically the voltage of the CPU and they overheat.
Sorry for not being clearer about what i was refering to.

TRENDING THREADS