[SOLVED] Motherboard for 5900X

Sep 3, 2020
Hello. Soon I will be half PC for 1080p games and 2K / streaming. I wonder. Will it be better with the x570 or the b550? The graphics will be 3080. I do not care about the multitude of USB slots with a high standard and I only need one slot for Samsung 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe 970 EVO, because I will have 1-2 SSDs for sata3. I definitely want a design with a good power supply section and good temps. I've read something about that and it looks like the b550 will be a cool option for me, or mayby x570? /Sry for my english

Budget ~200-240$

Which vehicle do you want? A Toyota Corolla, or a Toyota Camry? That's about the difference. They will both get you where you need to go and both should be able to handle the power requirements as the 500 series chipsets have beefed up power delivery specs. The only difference is if you need more PCIe 4.0 slots.

With your budget I would aim for a quality B550 ATX or mATX which will likely be cheaper.

Reactions: Sharimsejn
Sep 3, 2020
Well I don't feel like I NEED pci-e 4.0 or some extra ports and better audio(of course I don't wanna bad audio too). Good VRM and temps and possibly small % of failure rate are my priority and this is the only reason I can take x570 or pay more. If I can get that in b550 then I'm good with this becuase b550 ie cheaper.

If you dont need the USB ports and the extra lanes on the X570, you don't need a X570 at all, no even need to consider 200$ mobo, a 140$ like the Steel Legend would do perfect. Now if you need wifi there's other options. But just get a decent B550 with good VRMs to handle the 5900X and you will be good to go.

Reactions: Sharimsejn
Sep 3, 2020
If you dont need the USB ports and the extra lanes on the X570, you don't need a X570 at all, no even need to consider 200$ mobo, a 140$ like the Steel Legend would do perfect. Now if you need wifi there's other options. But just get a decent B550 with good VRMs to handle the 5900X and you will be good to go.

At the end I decided propably to buy X570 Tomahawk. I've read many tests and this model gonna fit good. Plus I had Tomahawk for 8600K and I was glad about that.
Why? Becuase I'm gonna stream and extra lines on pci-e, and usb should be ok for more devices.
Thanks for all help :)