Motherboard for a 1000€ build

Oliver443ify

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
Hey everyone,

I am building a PC, and wanted to ask if there are any good motherboards out there, for near 100€ to replace the MSI H97 Guard-Pro? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vQY4wP
It's just not availale aywhere in estonia, and the import fees are not cheap... at all...

Also, please let me know about any changes you would make to this build.. without adding too much money. :)

Solution
no need for 980, overkill

get Win8.1 , gaming is a bit faster and more stable

Did you try to get the Z97 guard-pro? identical price and better chipset than the H97 guard

Oliver443ify

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015

Well.. while the EVGA GTX 980 would be AWESOME, I can't get it. Because it costs a lot of money, and I'm already over the budget I originally went with... What do you think about the current build? Are there any good motherboards for that?

Or do you have the experience to really recommend the build you sent me, although, the shipping costs would pretty much kill my budget and do things with it.

Oliver443ify

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015

Thanks a lot, the Z97 guard-pro is available everywhere :) . Would you say Win 8.1 is really a big enough upgrade to get it? Because I do like the Win 7 Home Premium a lot. Also, It has a lot of mixed reviews. Would you suggest it anyway? Because I am willing to change my mind.

Well, personally I would get the newer Win8.1. It´s in some cases a bit different, but manageable. In some games the fps is noticable better or stable.
If you like Win7 and don´t wanna change anything, hold onto that.

You also could wait for Win10, which is coming out soon.

Oliver443ify

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015

Thanks mate, you are really helpful... can I ask out of interest, what is your current build and what do you use it for the most?