Motherboard for GTX 460 and Core i3 processor

diabloroxx

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Hey guys,

Can you suggest me some good motherboard/processor combo. I already have an EVGA 1gb GTX 460 graphic card and am looking to buy a motherboard and processor.

I have pretty much fixed my budget around 150 - 200. The lower the better. I feel that i3 processor is the best one to match the price and performance.

Kindly advice. Also I have an old XFX 8600 Alpha dog Card. So if I can do anything with it (SLI) , those advice are also most welcome.

Thanks.

diabloroxx

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Yeah I was planning to do that. Can you suggest a cheap but efficient motherboard which can do that. I thought of Asus P7H55-M LE Motherboard. But I don't need the on board graphic support. So a cheaper alternative would suffice.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
he might want a 32nm chip for power savings?

an i5 would be more powerful but also more money and if he wants just a good platform to start with that gigabyte board could be upgraded to an i5 or even an i7. with a budget tha ttight though doubt he can stretch to the i5 right now. but a possible upgrade in the future :D

diabloroxx

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Thanks for the replies guys. But I definitely do not want to upgrade the system for another 2-3 years. I already own a decent gaming laptop. This is just for backing up my files and playing few games occasionally.
Will i need a new power supply as well? My current power supply gives around 500W , give or take a few. I was looking for this : http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0260161

As far as Mobo + Processor, I have time till 3rd week of December. So anything which will suit the budget would do.

diabloroxx

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010

Though the deal above was good. Looks like there are a lot of negative replies. I will be leaving the country during Christmas for almost a month on vacation. So I don't think I will be able to RMA in case something goes wrong (DOA or similar).

How about this deal: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.540504