[SOLVED] Motherboard for i7-4790 (July 2019)

Jul 18, 2019
Below is the parts I have:

Ram - 4G PCL-12800U x 2
GTX 1070Ti
i7-4790

I am having issue finding a full ATX motherboard for the 4790. Can someone suggest a budget motherboard that I can get from newegg or amazon? No plan on putting any extra videa card.

Thanks!

Solution
The new Ryzen 3000 series is hard to beat right now for the price to performance. And motherboards, atleast the B450 are pretty cheap(although BIOS compatibility might be an issue) although a new X570 can be had for the price you were willing to pay for that old mobo.

The 4790 isn't bad as long as you can find a Mobo for cheap, which again used shouldn't be an issue. Check Ebay and Facebook Market. I wouldnt spend more then 40 or 50 on that old of a mobo.
Jul 18, 2019
I am thinking about the same thing. What happens is I am running a i5-750 and the 4790 was given to me for free.
In your opinion, what CPU mobo should I upgrade to? Just feel that I owe a better CPU to my 1070ti. And all I care about is gaming. I don’t mind to invest a couple hundreds more for a more future proof system.

The new Ryzen 3000 series is hard to beat right now for the price to performance. And motherboards, atleast the B450 are pretty cheap(although BIOS compatibility might be an issue) although a new X570 can be had for the price you were willing to pay for that old mobo.

The 4790 isn't bad as long as you can find a Mobo for cheap, which again used shouldn't be an issue. Check Ebay and Facebook Market. I wouldnt spend more then 40 or 50 on that old of a mobo.

Solution