[SOLVED] Motherboard for i7-6700k

Arios

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
I want to get a new motherboard to replace my faulty one i have now. My price range is around $200 and i also plan to do a bit of overclocking. I have looked around newegg, amazon ,etc, but i either cant decide or find one i like but its out of stock or sold out. So far, i think the MSI Z270 Gaming M6 and Asus maximus vii hero look good but I havent found the Asus in stock.

DSzymborski

Titan
Honestly, you're doing this backwards. When you're talking about motherboards that aren't being actively produced, you typically can't actually choose the motherboard you want and then see if it's in stock, you need to start with seeing what's in stock and then choosing which one you're willing to buy. Typically, you only get to be super-selective with the current generation of chipsets and for awhile, the previous one.

Arios

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
I really don't see the point in upgrading the CPU to a 8700k or something. The performance isn't that much better in my opinion and I can't afford to get a new CPU and motherboard. But I do need a new motherboard, so why not get a good one? In the past, I have been able to overclock my 6700k to 4.5 so i could do better with a better motherboard, maybe lower voltage or something.

TRENDING THREADS