[SOLVED] motherboard for i7 6700K

seankor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2012
Hey guys, had some trouble with old computer and in shopes here there is some trouble with getting older LGA 1151 motherboards. I saw that Z170, H110 were mogos when CPU came out and the next generation TB250, Z270, H270 also supports the CPU are they a better buy and have better support? Will try to find something available, but again just have DDR 4 2166 RAM on it, it does need to support m.2 slot and would be cool to be upgreadable to 64GB of RAM, need 4 slots for RAM.

What chpset should I aim for if it is not for gaming. I figured that Z is for gaming usually and then H and B are a bit worse? but probably good enough

Solution
Hey guys, had some trouble with old computer and in shopes here there is some trouble with getting older LGA 1151 motherboards. I saw that Z170, H110 were mogos when CPU came out and the next generation TB250, Z270, H270 also supports the CPU are they a better buy and have better support? Will try to find something available, but again just have DDR 4 2166 RAM on it, it does need to support m.2 slot and would be cool to be upgreadable to 64GB of RAM, need 4 slots for RAM.

What chpset should I aim for if it is not for gaming. I figured that Z is for gaming usually and then H and B are a bit worse? but probably good enough
Z boards are for overclocking, without OC any other MB would be good enough. Z boards are usually better...

Z boards are for overclocking, without OC any other MB would be good enough. Z boards are usually better equipped with more options.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS