Motherboard for Intel Pentium D 805

visibleshri

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
guys i am using intel pentium D 805 which has FSB speed of 533 mhz.
And I want to buy a new DDR3 motherboard for that......
I have found some but i am not sure that will support my processor like
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4075#ov
this MB.
in specification it shows Front Side Bus

1333/1066/800 MHz FSB support.
but mine processor has 533 and in processor support list it shows yes..

PLEASE guys i am very worried about it...... please tell me will this mb or other with ddr3 will support my processor or not.............

Solution
Yes. It's a bios file. Bios files have labels, like almost everything we use. Some boards have up to six or seven bios files available to handle problems with the board or to enable the board to use newer cpus. Your board is fine as is, since only one bios file is available, which you already have. The original file is always listed. Some boards have a short life span or simply don't require any bios updates.

visibleshri

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011

hello friend
i could not understand about requires bios file F2.
can i buy that motherboard and then just run my processor normally. without any need of OC for FSB speed or changing of BIOS.
please explain F2.
waiting for ur replay.

Yes. It's a bios file. Bios files have labels, like almost everything we use. Some boards have up to six or seven bios files available to handle problems with the board or to enable the board to use newer cpus. Your board is fine as is, since only one bios file is available, which you already have. The original file is always listed. Some boards have a short life span or simply don't require any bios updates.

Solution

visibleshri

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011

Thanks Sir,
Without You I was not confident to buy G41 chipset mobo.
yesterday i bought this mobohttp://www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3971#ov
it has Directx 10.0 but the problem is that i am not being able to play 720p/1080p mkv/avi/wmv video without having high cpu usage like 90 around on 720p and 100 on 1080p video playback.
I have installed Intel GMA driver and tried installing microsoft directx software. But no change.
Even gta sandreas on very low setting is lagging on my pc.
my pc config is
Intel Pentium D 805@2.66Ghz
Mobo - GA-G41MT-S2
2gb DDR3 ram @600Mhz.

I hope you will solve this issue .