[SOLVED] Motherboard for Ryzen 5 3400g? B450 or X370?

Jan 29, 2020
Hi, i am building my first pc. Which of these two motherboards should i get for Ryzen 5 3400g? (Don't recommend me another brand or model, these are the two available in my country, because of warranty, price, etc)
My PC: Ryzen 5 3400g, 2x8 RAM 3200MHz, 1 TB HDD.

The options:
I don't have dedicated GPU for the moment. I pretend in the future do OC, put a dedicated GPU, maybe add RAM, upgrade the processor, put a SSD, etc.

The X370 has better OC than the B450, right? is worth it buy the x370 only for this?
The B450 "get older better" than the x370? I want to upgrade as late as possible
Aclaration: I think the BIOS won't be a problem, because the store update it to me, so...
What do you think? The price is pretty the same.
I am a little bit more on B450, but i am pretty noob in this, so..

Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
Hi, i am building my first pc. Which of these two motherboards should i get for Ryzen 5 3400g? (Don't recommend me another brand or model, these are the two available in my country, because of warranty, price, etc)

The options:
I don't have dedicated GPU for the moment. I pretend in the future do OC, put a dedicated GPU, maybe add RAM, upgrade the processor, put a SSD, etc.

The X370 has better OC than the B450, right? is worth it buy the x370 only for this?
The B450 "get older better" than the...

The options:

The B450 "get older better" than the x370? I want to upgrade as late as possible
Aclaration: I think the BIOS won't be a problem, because the store update it to me, so...
What do you think? The price is pretty the same.
I am a little bit more on B450, but i am pretty noob in this, so..

Thanks!

I would very carefully check the bios release notes. At the very least make sure it had agesa combo 1,0.0.3.

That said youll have the same limitation as the 2400g: Your pcie slot will only run at 8x. And to best honest youll get better over clocking without the additional overhead of the igpu.

You might be better off getting a ryzen 5 1600 af for $85 and buy a cheap $80 rx 550 graphics card. Youll be a ton faster and wont have to worry about bios issues.

https://www.newegg.com/sapphire-radeon-rx-550-100414p4g-2l/p/N82E16814202308?&quicklink=true

Last edited:
Solution