Question Motherboard for ryzen 5 3600 and RTX 2070 super for about $120

Nereknu

Reputable
Aug 30, 2016
Hello I want to buy new MB and I am wondering which MB I should get for the ryzen 5 3600 and rtx 2070 super? I would love something around $120 is it safe or should I pump more money into MB ? I was thinking between GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE - AMD B450 vs MSI B450 TOMAHAWK - AMD B450 vs MSI B450 GAMING PLUS - AMD B450

And one more question I know these MB's need update bios to run with ryzen 3th generation but will they run okay after or will I need to update the bios like that every few months ? I am asking because I am buying new PC so they will do it for me but if I will have to it myself in next year or so I am scared.

Thanks everyone!

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Any of those MB's will run a 3600 just fine.
I have a 3700x in my Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard and it works Great so far.

As far as BIOS updates go:
The 3000 CPU's are pretty new so the bugs are still getting worked out of the BIOS (and AGESA), so to get the best performance out of your CPU it will almost certainly require a BIOS update when AMD releases a newer AGESA version (should be in a few weeks).

But if you are concerned about updating the BIOS yourself, you could always pay a local shop a small fee to do it for you.

Nereknu

Reputable
Aug 30, 2016
Ok thanks for fast reply maybe I should wait for the B450 tomahawk MAX it won't require BIOS update? Or again if they release AGESA version I will have to update BIOS myself on this MB aswell?

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
If you want the newest BIOS (with the newest AGESA) you will need to update the BIOS on any MB you buy.
A new BIOS usually takes a few months to get put on motherboards by the manufacturers.
The Tomahawk MAX will run a 3000 series CPU out of the Box but it will not have the BIOS fixes AMD just announced a day or two ago.
They will take at least a week or two to get put into BIOS versions by the motherboard manufacturers, which the user (or a local shop) will need to update.

Nereknu

Reputable
Aug 30, 2016
ok cool that's what I wanted to hear :) it's very hard for me now I don't want to pay extra money (maybe I should) I would love something around $120 but don't want to blow up my new PC. I have found right now
MSI B450-A PRO - AMD B450 which is cheap and MSI aswell so I am just wondering what are the differences between tomahawk, gaming and pro

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Since you already have an MSI B450-A Pro I would seriously check and see if there is any local PC Shop or PC tech guy that will update the BIOS for you.
That is a pretty good MB with Good VRMs, The exact same VRMs as the Gaming Pro Carbon AC and Tomahawk.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818
Your B450-A Pro will run a Ryzen 5 3600 very well once you get the BIOS updated.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador

Nereknu

Reputable
Aug 30, 2016
Thank you ! I will probably wait till next week it's when the tomahawk MAX should come if it will be too much expensive I will go with the A-Pro probably to save some buck :) thank you once more
btw I have some questions on cases and rtx 2070 super I should probably ask in each specific thread to get the best answer right?