[SOLVED] Motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600

rdhaval01

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
Hey guys. I am planning to buy a motherboard that will be compatible with ryzen 5 3600 out of the box. For the same, I have shortlisted 3 motherboards but I am unable to decide with which motherboard I should go. The 3 mobos are b450m tomahawk max, b450m gaming plus max and b450m pro vdh max. Kindly suggest me which motherboard I should select and why. Your responses would be highly appreciated.
My system specs are as follows
Cpu- Ryzen 5 3600
Gpu- Rx 580
RAM- 8gb
Psu- 550w
Ssd- 240gb
Hdd- 1tb
Mobo- ?????

Solution
No I am not checking out b550 series due to budget restrictions. Any particular reason why I should select tomahawk over the others? And what is the main difference between tomahawk and gaming plus max? Also, how is b450 mortar max?
The Tomahawk has better VRMs for power delivery than the other choices. The Mortar Max is another good board, however, the Tomahawk was the go to board for B450 motherboards.

rdhaval01

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
Of those the Tomahawk is the best. Have you looked at any of the B550 motherboards?
No I am not checking out b550 series due to budget restrictions. Any particular reason why I should select tomahawk over the others? And what is the main difference between tomahawk and gaming plus max? Also, how is b450 mortar max?

The Tomahawk has better VRMs for power delivery than the other choices. The Mortar Max is another good board, however, the Tomahawk was the go to board for B450 motherboards.

Solution