[SOLVED] Motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600x

Chuckiechan

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
I'm looking for an AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Gaming Motherboard Looking to stay under $700

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP but the Ryzen5 5600x processors are back ordered.

Budget Range: I would like to be in the $600 - 700 range, including 16 GB Ram.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming and computing. mostly Battlefield 5, and it's follow on.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: Motherboard, CPU, DDR4.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes I was running on the Win 10 free, but I plan to try to use an image to made on the free version to resurrect my system as it was before it died.

Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.
Also, I'm fine with buying Win 10 Home, and trying to lay that image over it if it works. It the native Windows system back up. "make image".
Is this even possible? If not I have to grind through installing programs again.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Probably Newegg, Amazon, Fry's, Ebay (new), etc.

Parts Preferences: I'm open on the Motherboard, but I need SATA ports. I can use an M2 for primary if I have to reinstall everything, but I do have SATA3's I need to keep, so I have to be careful I don't want to stumble into a board without them.

Overclocking: Not likely
SLI or Crossfire: Not likely

Your Monitor Resolution: Keeping my SynchMasterS27B350

Additional Comments: I like it fairly quiet, I don't need WiFi, I don't need interior lighting, or any bling, no plans for water cooling,

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My board or chip had a fatal event. I've swapped and tested every part except the power supply with another computer. MY PS is a Corsair 650i, and it's too much to do to a computer I don't own. (which I am on now.)

My choices so far:
AMD Ryzen5 5600X
ASUS Prime B450-Plus AM4 AMD B450 ATX
I'll probably spend around $130 or so on DDR4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
You looking for an entire build or just a motherboard suggestion?

OS - you don't need to recreate the installation. Just reinstall the OS. You can create your Windows 10 installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

As for your processor, you should aim for a B550 chipset motherboard or an A520 chipset at the very least.

My board or chip had a fatal event
That doesn't inspire much confidence when yo consider that the PSU could've failed and lead to their deaths.

Lutfij

Titan

OS - you don't need to recreate the installation. Just reinstall the OS. You can create your Windows 10 installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

As for your processor, you should aim for a B550 chipset motherboard or an A520 chipset at the very least.

That doesn't inspire much confidence when yo consider that the PSU could've failed and lead to their deaths.

Solution
I'm looking for an AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Gaming Motherboard Looking to stay under $700

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP but the Ryzen5 5600x processors are back ordered.

Budget Range: I would like to be in the $600 - 700 range, including 16 GB Ram.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming and computing. mostly Battlefield 5, and it's follow on.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: Motherboard, CPU, DDR4.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes I was running on the Win 10 free, but I plan to try to use an image to made on the free version to resurrect my system as it was before it died.

Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.
Also, I'm fine with buying Win 10 Home, and trying to lay that image over it if it works. It the native Windows system back up. "make image".
Is this even possible? If not I have to grind through installing programs again.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Probably Newegg, Amazon, Fry's, Ebay (new), etc.

Parts Preferences: I'm open on the Motherboard, but I need SATA ports. I can use an M2 for primary if I have to reinstall everything, but I do have SATA3's I need to keep, so I have to be careful I don't want to stumble into a board without them.

Overclocking: Not likely
SLI or Crossfire: Not likely

Your Monitor Resolution: Keeping my SynchMasterS27B350

Additional Comments: I like it fairly quiet, I don't need WiFi, I don't need interior lighting, or any bling, no plans for water cooling,

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My board or chip had a fatal event. I've swapped and tested every part except the power supply with another computer. MY PS is a Corsair 650i, and it's too much to do to a computer I don't own. (which I am on now.)

My choices so far:
AMD Ryzen5 5600X
ASUS Prime B450-Plus AM4 AMD B450 ATX
I'll probably spend around $130 or so on DDR4.
ROG Strix B550F Gaming looks like it has all the bells and whistles although it's not cheap

Chuckiechan

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
Last edited:

Chuckiechan

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013

Yeah, I’d better check the PS.
And just a motherboard really, since I’ve chosen the chip.
Can you send me a link on the Win media creation tool to study up on? Im going to have a new HAL machine and an image made using my free Win10 from way back when Microsoft pushed it out. I’m completely fine buying a new Win10. I hope to “lay” my image on a blank system ssd.

BTW, I’m waiting for the price of the AMD Ryzen5 5600x chip to come down.
Thanks for your help.

Re: windows,

Last edited: