apelsinimahl

Reputable
Jun 11, 2017
I am going to build Ryzen 5 5600X build but im not sure which motherboard to buy. I just do not want the cheapest, i want something mid range i guess. i just want to be sure that CPU will work fine and wont have problems with clocks. If i googled then people suggested GIGABYTE B550M AORUS PRO (120€ in my country) and ASROCK B550M PRO 4 (129€ in my country). Also i have heard that i can buy b450 and with bios update i can use the cpu but i would prefer the b550. I will have only 1 m.2 ssd and i dont have something special that i need. I will put my country shop link here and you can search there and advise something for me? But the page dont have english version. Also what is the meaning of (M) B550M and B550 diffrence? Do i have to update bios also with b550 if it was released before 5600x?

B550 CPU-s in my country -----------------------> https://arvutitark.ee/est/Otsing?q=b550

B550M CPU-s in my country -----------------------> https://arvutitark.ee/est/Otsing?q=b550m

ALL AM4 MOBO-s in my country shop --------------------> https://arvutitark.ee/est/tootekataloog/Arvutikomponendid-Emaplaadid-Socket-AM4-emaplaadid

I guess the budget would be 100-150 and i would buy expensiver mobo if its actually worth.

Solution
Okay thanks now i am comfortable to choose mobo :) My last question would be what do you think about ASUS X470 PRO, My friend offered to me this motherboard for 90€ and it is working perfectly and he did also the BIOS update for ryzen 5 5600x. So if i want to save money then ASUS X470 PRO (good condition, used, 90€) is worth buying than new ASUS B550 PRO 4 (129€) from shop? Like in the future Probably B550 have better bios upgrade chances or they have the same?

Since the 5000 series are going to be the last chips on the AM4 socket your choices narrow to a board you will stick with until you plan to upgrade to next gen everything (AM5, DDR5, PCIe 5.0, 5 everything!). That being said, the B550 is newer and offers more features...
Either Asrock or Gigabyte B550 boards on this site aren't bad options. Just make sure they're above 80 euros for decent quality build. The "m" means micro/mini. The standard motherboard is an ATX board, but the m signifies that the board is a smaller form-factor board meant for smaller computer builds.

This is an ATX board:
13-157-883-V12[1].jpg

This is a microATX board:
13-157-887-V14.jpg

Either board will fit inside a regular computer ATX case but the microATX will look weird in a big case. Though mATX boards generally cost less.

apelsinimahl

Reputable
Jun 11, 2017
Either Asrock or Gigabyte B550 boards on this site aren't bad options. Just make sure they're above 80 euros for decent quality build. The "m" means micro/mini. The standard motherboard is an ATX board, but the m signifies that the board is a smaller form-factor board meant for smaller computer builds.

This is an ATX board:
13-157-883-V12[1].jpg

This is a microATX board:
13-157-887-V14.jpg

Either board will fit inside a regular computer ATX case but the microATX will look weird in a big case. Though mATX boards generally cost less.

So probably i am going to choose just non-M mobo becouse im not going to have small case. So i found 1 motherboard more and probably i will choose 1 of those mobos:
ASUS TUF GAMING B550 PLUS WIFI
GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO
ASROCK B550 PRO 4

So there would not be big diffrence between those 3 mobos? So basically i can choose which looks more nice in my case? Becouse asus has the wifi but im not going to use wifi anyways. All these 3 motherboards are in the same price range. Or which motherboard would you suggest if not considering the look of the motherboards?

So probably i am going to choose just non-M mobo becouse im not going to have small case. So i found 1 motherboard more and probably i will choose 1 of those mobos:
ASUS TUF GAMING B550 PLUS WIFI
GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO
ASROCK B550 PRO 4

So there would not be big diffrence between those 3 mobos? So basically i can choose which looks more nice in my case? Becouse asus has the wifi but im not going to use wifi anyways. All these 3 motherboards are in the same price range. Or which motherboard would you suggest if not considering the look of the motherboards?

You can't go wrong with any of these options. Choose whichever has the features you like at the price you think is best, though many people have been disappointed with the Gigabyte board. Saying it has a terrible BIOS layout and possible broken front IO ports. Though many other say they love it, so it's a lottery I suppose. Your call.

apelsinimahl

Reputable
Jun 11, 2017
You can't go wrong with any of these options. Choose whichever has the features you like at the price you think is best, though many people have been disappointed with the Gigabyte board. Saying it has a terrible BIOS layout and possible broken front IO ports. Though many other say they love it, so it's a lottery I suppose. Your call.
Okay thanks now i am comfortable to choose mobo :) My last question would be what do you think about ASUS X470 PRO, My friend offered to me this motherboard for 90€ and it is working perfectly and he did also the BIOS update for ryzen 5 5600x. So if i want to save money then ASUS X470 PRO (good condition, used, 90€) is worth buying than new ASUS B550 PRO 4 (129€) from shop? Like in the future Probably B550 have better bios upgrade chances or they have the same?

Since the 5000 series are going to be the last chips on the AM4 socket your choices narrow to a board you will stick with until you plan to upgrade to next gen everything (AM5, DDR5, PCIe 5.0, 5 everything!). That being said, the B550 is newer and offers more features such as PCIe4.0 which can help performance if you';re using a PCIe 4.0 GPU such as the 3000 rtx or 6000 Radeon series, though performance difference isn't much (1-5% at most). Overall compatibility between x470 and b550 with the 5000 series is the same, so all it comes down to is which board costs the best and provides the most features for you. The x470 pro is not a bad board, I almost got the x570 version of that but went with the taichi instead because of aesthetics. So between your options, neither are bad, they all just have different features but will overall get the job done just fine.

Reactions: apelsinimahl
Solution