[SOLVED] Motherboard for Ryzen 5600G that works out of the box

bobbogart

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I bought a Ryzen 5 5600G and Gigabyte B450 Aorus mobo. Won't post and was told by Gigabyte that mobo needs to be flashed to support 5600G even tho their documentation says it should work. Cannot flash without cpu. Could apply to AMD for loaner but that is a lot of aggravation. So, kinda screwed. Is there a mobo that will run the 5600G without having to be flashed to handle it. I can return the mobo thanks to Amazon being Amazon.

Solution
You need to probably get a B550 gigabyte board instead. That way, even if it doesn't have the needed bios, you can perform a bios upgrade, via their Q-Flash Plus feature, which doesn't require you to have an older gen CPU to perform.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
There are some, not sure there is a list anywhere. There are also many motherboards that support CPU-less flashing ( there are some lists for that, not sure how up to date they are ) Make sure that board doesn't offer that feature first.

I would check motherboards you are interested in buying, go to the manufacturer's site and see what the CPU support list says. If all BIOS revisions support 5000 series, then you are good.

Not even the B550 or X570 is necessarily enough, those CPUs were launched after those boards launched.

Harry_Wild

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2012
I alway visit OEM tech support vise email to ask stuff like that so in case I get into those type of situations, I find the company's CEO and send him/her the email before my purchase! I usual get a fix overnight next day air! LOL!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Easy enough to run into the exact same issue with Intel.

11th gen 500 series boards, 10th gen 400 series boards. PCIe 4.0 only with 11th gen CPUs.

B460 is to be avoided, it does not support memory overclocking. B560 does.

Seriously though, a few hours research is all it will take. And if you aren't getting a GPU, Vega 7 is still a lot faster than HD750.