[SOLVED] Motherboard for Ryzen 5700G?

PeterB9

Prominent
May 22, 2020
Hi, I already have Ryzen 5700G and HyperX 32GB Predator DDR4 3000MHz CL15 KIT HX430C15PB3K2/32.
So I am looking to buy Motherboard to work with this CPU&RAM. I am using PC for graphics, I am not into overclocking or gaming. I need ATX form and as many USB, M.2 and SATA slots as possible.

First I was looking for X570 chipset but as I learned it is not any difference in performance if I go with B550? Is there anything I loose if I don't buy X570 board?

I used Asus boards, but now I am interested in MSI B550-A PRO board. It is cheaper than Asus or other brands, should I be worried about manufacturing quality or quality of components used for this board. I don't have experience with MSI brand.

As far as I saw Asus PRIME X570-P or Asus PRIME X570-PRO don't offer much more for the price (they are $100 and $200 more expensive than mentioned MSI). Or maybe I am mistaken?
Which board is recommended?

Solution
B550 would probably be better as X570 is usually more towards the enthusiast line (overclocking and gaming) , so chances are you probably would not benefit from an X570 chipset. I had a bad experience with an AM3 mobo but really that is subjective (and not even sure it was their fault) so honestly it's up tom you and maybe doing some review research
B550 would probably be better as X570 is usually more towards the enthusiast line (overclocking and gaming) , so chances are you probably would not benefit from an X570 chipset. I had a bad experience with an AM3 mobo but really that is subjective (and not even sure it was their fault) so honestly it's up tom you and maybe doing some review research

Reactions: PeterB9
Solution