[SOLVED] Motherboard for Ryzen 7 5700G

vns2k177

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2012
Hi,

I want to build a quiet PC for productivity (heavy software development with multiple IDEs, browsers with dozens of tabs etc running) and media consumption. Decided to go for Ryzen 7 5700G. Preferably without any fan or with as few as possible.

1. What could be the top 3 motherboards for a fast but quiet PC for this CPU. I buy from deltapage (Chennai, India) - https://deltapage.com/content/price.php (Amazon India and other sites are also okay).

2. B450 vs B550 moboards. Which is better for a quiet PC without compromise on performance?

3. B550 has PCIE 4.0 slot for nVME. Is it compatible with PCIE 3.0 nVME SSD like Samsung 980?

4. Can you please suggest a highly durable/performant PCIE 3.0 motherboard for Ryzen 7 5700G?

4. Any other alternative processor/mobo combination that would be better than the above? My budget is around $1500/- (or INR.100.000)

My advance thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
Hi again...

1. Motherboard does not have anything to do with noise directly. But with better VRM configuration, your cooler does not have to work overtime for extra heat dissipation. So, essentially you should look for a board with good VRM. Remember, the cooler the temperatures the better the performance.

2. I would go for B550 as it has better features, connections and advanced controllers along with upgrade path.

3. All PCIe slots are reverse compatible.

4. On the Delta page, look out for the ₹10k+ boards as good VRM boards are usually costlier. Here is a rough guide to assist you...

5. For AMD that is the best iGPU chip atm. With...
Hi again...

1. Motherboard does not have anything to do with noise directly. But with better VRM configuration, your cooler does not have to work overtime for extra heat dissipation. So, essentially you should look for a board with good VRM. Remember, the cooler the temperatures the better the performance.

2. I would go for B550 as it has better features, connections and advanced controllers along with upgrade path.

3. All PCIe slots are reverse compatible.

4. On the Delta page, look out for the ₹10k+ boards as good VRM boards are usually costlier. Here is a rough guide to assist you...

5. For AMD that is the best iGPU chip atm. With Intel, you have to get separate GPU which is not very feasible in the current market.

Solution