Question Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3) onboard graphics work, however no graphics cards are recognized and doesn't show display

Status
Not open for further replies.

llfab

Commendable
Nov 18, 2020
My graphics card (NVIDIA GTX 950) has been working with my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 ) for around 2-3 years now. I turned it off one night and the next day it wasn't displaying anything on my monitors which both work fine and have been tested with another computer. My cables also work fine.

The integrated/onboard graphics work with both of my monitors and I'm currently using it to post this now.

I ordered two brand new graphics cards (NVIDIA GTX 1660 and NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti) and both still do not work with the motherboard. I tried all graphics cards in a different computer and they all work.

The computer was working for 2-3 years like I said until one day I try to turn it on and it doesn't display anything.

Any ideas on the problem?

I've tried reseating RAM, reseating GPU, cleaning the motherboard of dust, resetting BIOS and BIOS settings are all to what they were when it was working. Any other graphics cards do not work however a NVIDIA GTX 710 did which is strange but it's the only one that did.

Any thoughts on how I could fix this other than a new motherboard?

Last edited:
My graphics card (NVIDIA GTX 950) has been working with my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 ) for around 2-3 years now. I turned it off one night and the next day it wasn't displaying anything on my monitors which both work fine and have been tested with another computer. My cables also work fine.

The integrated/onboard graphics work with both of my monitors and I'm currently using it to post this now.

I ordered two brand new graphics cards (NVIDIA GTX 1660 and NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti) and both still do not work with the motherboard. I tried all graphics cards in a different computer and they all work.

The computer was working for 2-3 years like I said until one day I try to turn it on and it doesn't display anything.

Any ideas on the problem?

I've tried reseating RAM, reseating GPU, cleaning the motherboard of dust, resetting BIOS and BIOS settings are all to what they were when it was working. Any other graphics cards do not work however a NVIDIA GTX 710 did which is strange but it's the only one that did.

Any thoughts on how I could fix this other than a new motherboard?
I guess that the NVIDIA GTX 710 is the only card that you tested that does not need a PCIE electrical feeding from the PSU.
In that cas I would think that the problem is your PSU or at least the PCIe connection to your GPU.

llfab

Commendable
Nov 18, 2020
I guess that the NVIDIA GTX 710 is the only card that you tested that does not need a PCIE electrical feeding from the PSU.
In that cas I would think that the problem is your PSU or at least the PCIe connection to your GPU.
Can't be my PSU as we tried a more powerful PSU supply and it still didn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.