Motherboard/GPU Compatibility Help

Windows 7-11

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
I just purchased an Asus 710-2-SL-CSM GeForce GT710 2GB GPU. I had checked before my purchase on PC Part Picker that it should be compatible with my Asus M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard. However, when I attempted to install the GPU, I very quickly realized that it does not go into the normal GPU slot, and from what I can tell, I have no slot that fits this card. Is this accurate or am I missing something obvious like it can be placed in a slot where it does not fill it entirely, etc. I am quite upset because I was hoping to get my computer back up and running today and I thought there would be no problems. Can someone help me out?

Solution
It is combatible and it should be plugged in the darker blue slot directly above the motherboard's battery (round silver metallic thingy is the battery).
If that slot is occupied, then you already have a GPU placed there and you should remove it.
It is combatible and it should be plugged in the darker blue slot directly above the motherboard's battery (round silver metallic thingy is the battery).
If that slot is occupied, then you already have a GPU placed there and you should remove it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS