[SOLVED] Motherboard has light but will not power on!

Matthew Smothers

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013
So today my PC broke, The PC froze so I hit shut down but it never did so I forced crashed it, when it rebooted, no display would happen, so I turn it off and unplugged my monitors and when I tired to turn the PC back on, nothing would happen the power button would not turn the PC on, so I looked around on the internet and tired many things, I unplugged almost everything,
When I plug the power cable into my power supply the light turns on (solid orange light)
I know the PCU is good because it passed the paper clip test,
I even used the power button off another PC that worked on my other PC but not on this one

since I cannot turn on my PC, I am limited in info
all I know is
it is a AMD Ryzen 3
16GB Ram
2TB SSD
RGB stuff (case fans/CPU fans)
Cooler Master CPU heat sink
ASUS Motherboard

if you can help me, please do

Solution
Paper clip test doesn't mean anything here. It can only identify if a PSU is completely dead. Passing does not mean it's working properly.

All the information given is either vague or, in the case of key information like the GPU and exact PSU, completely missing. You're going to have to look at your parts if you can't find reference to your purchase that detailed them.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Paper clip test doesn't mean anything here. It can only identify if a PSU is completely dead. Passing does not mean it's working properly.

All the information given is either vague or, in the case of key information like the GPU and exact PSU, completely missing. You're going to have to look at your parts if you can't find reference to your purchase that detailed them.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS