Question Motherboard HDMI Dead

fadsarmy

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Hello guys,

The HDMI on my motherboard has stopped working. I was using it as a htpc connected to a tv via hdmi. The Sky box was also connected via hdmi to the same tv. All of a sudden, something went pop in the sky box and the sky box never worked after that. I opened up the sky box to recover the 2TB hard drive and noticed the pcb around the hdmi connector burnt out. The tv and motherboard hdmi connectors no longer work. There is no physical damage to the motherboard. The motherboard is under warranty. Would it be dishonest to claim warranty?

WildCard999

Titan
Hello guys,

The HDMI on my motherboard has stopped working. I was using it as a htpc connected to a tv via hdmi. The Sky box was also connected via hdmi to the same tv. All of a sudden, something went pop in the sky box and the sky box never worked after that. I opened up the sky box to recover the 2TB hard drive and noticed the pcb around the hdmi connector burnt out. The tv and motherboard hdmi connectors no longer work. There is no physical damage to the motherboard. The motherboard is under warranty. Would it be dishonest to claim warranty?
No because from the sound of it the part was defective. Call the manufacturer, explain what happened and see what they think and if they'll do a RMA for you.

fadsarmy

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
The problem was with the sky box which went pop taking out all hdmi ports on tv and motherboard. I think there was a problem in the house electrical wiring which was later fixed. The rma has been accepted but I just told them it stopped working. I still haven't posted it yet because I feel a little guilty.

WildCard999

Titan
The problem was with the sky box which went pop taking out all hdmi ports on tv and motherboard. I think there was a problem in the house electrical wiring which was later fixed. The rma has been accepted but I just told them it stopped working. I still haven't posted it yet because I feel a little guilty.
Well it's not like you did it on purpose or knew this was going to happen.