Motherboard HDMI port not working

Eddie_D56

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017
So I've been planning to use a second monitor for a while now. I've just had it sitting in my room because I was too lazy to set it up. Today I decided to connect it to the PC but the only available port I have is the motherboard (I'm using my GPU port for my main monitor). I've already tested different cables and can confirm it's to do with the motherboard.

My PC specs are:

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte - GA-Z270X-Gaming K5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
GPU: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

Anyone that can help me?

EDIT: Since I can't get the motherboard port to work, I ended up buying a DVI cable instead.

Solution

Boot up your PC with your graphics card. Go into Device Manager and check if the Intel Integrated Graphics are disabled. If so, enable them.

Then they should be able to work alongside your graphics card.

If worst comes to worst, pick up a DVI (or VDI) to HDMI cable. Plug the DVI/VDI end into the graphics card and plug the HDMI end into your monitor. There will be a few little bugs with it, but overall it will work fine.

-Lachlan :)

Eddie_D56

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017

There's no other HDMI port on the graphics card. I would use the VDI port but I don't have a VDI cable. I'd like to use the second display at least until I get a VDI cable.

Eddie_D56

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017

Tried looking in the manual. All I was told was how to access the BIOS and the different settings but nothing on any video ports.

Hoetan

Commendable
Jul 24, 2017

Boot up your PC with your graphics card. Go into Device Manager and check if the Intel Integrated Graphics are disabled. If so, enable them.

Then they should be able to work alongside your graphics card.

If worst comes to worst, pick up a DVI (or VDI) to HDMI cable. Plug the DVI/VDI end into the graphics card and plug the HDMI end into your monitor. There will be a few little bugs with it, but overall it will work fine.

Solution

Eddie_D56

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017

Thanks for the help, ended up finding the setting in the BIOS but I did end up using a DVI to HDMI cable. As a side note, your name reminds me of someone. Do you know anything about GGN?

Hoetan

Commendable
Jul 24, 2017

No worries! Thank YOU for selecting as best answer!! :)

As for GGN, I don't know anything about it sorry.

Have a good day,