[SOLVED] Motherboard header pin thickness

Solution
Can you define what you mean by"I'll just be messing around with an old pc that had broken header pins." ? You can source pins and the front panel Dupont connector for 2USD off of Amazon. The pins aren't a gauge, the wires, on the other hand, are. The gauge is really small. The 24pin wires are usually 18AWG. Front panel headers, fans and power buttons are often 24AWG.

Like I said, if you need pins, you're going to need a crimping tool and pins off of Amazon. You can find the connectors off of Amazon too.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you define what you mean by"I'll just be messing around with an old pc that had broken header pins." ? You can source pins and the front panel Dupont connector for 2USD off of Amazon. The pins aren't a gauge, the wires, on the other hand, are. The gauge is really small. The 24pin wires are usually 18AWG. Front panel headers, fans and power buttons are often 24AWG.

Like I said, if you need pins, you're going to need a crimping tool and pins off of Amazon. You can find the connectors off of Amazon too.

Solution

fantastic. dupont pins they are. Thanks, that'll do the trick.