Motherboard heatsink problem.

MC_Hammer

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Okay, so one day, after being left on for about 2weeks straight my PC fans started to run on high and make a really loud noise. So after this i took it upon myself to try and clean the dust from my PC as a lot had collected. And everything was going fine until I decided to unscrew the Heat Sink connected to my Motherboard( Or CPU, i really don't know) and try and clean it as this was also clogged up with dust. After cleaning it and screwing it back on, and putting the case back on. I tried to turn my PC on, and it turns on and sounds like its booting up fine but, when i plug the monitor on it says "receiving no output, entering sleep mode" I made sure SEVERAL times that the monitor was hooked up right, and i still continue to get this message.. Just wanted to know if any tecs could try and help me with some trouble shooting.

Also. My PC is a ZT, I'm not sure what model number as its no where to be found on the case and i can't get the PC monitor to work to check it.

Thanks..
-Jesse

Make sure everything is plugged in including the 4 pin CPU auxillary power cable. Are you using a separate video card or on board graphics? Try shutting everything down including the monitor and restart everything.

MC_Hammer

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
On board Graphics. And I've restarted the monitor and the PC, but uhh. About the 4 pin CPU auxillary cable i don't remember even unplugging anything like that.. But would it be a smart idea to try and unscrew the heat sink again to see if i may have accidently unplugged it?

MC_Hammer

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012

On board Graphics. And I've restarted the monitor and the PC, but uhh. About the 4 pin CPU auxillary cable i don't remember even unplugging anything like that.. But would it be a smart idea to try and unscrew the heat sink again to see if i may have accidently unplugged it?

TRENDING THREADS