blackhawk1928

Distinguished
So I am the middle of building my new machine and I was about to buy and was torn between these really good Asus motherboard and really good Gigabyte motherboard, however I researching and stumbled upon a very attractive motherboard that happened to be made by INTEL! I liked it because it:
-Supported Core i7
-Had LGA 1366 Socket
-Had 4x 240 pin memory connectors
-Had QPI 6.4GT'/s
-Supported 1600mhz ram
-Was Triple channel
-Supported up to 16GB memory
-Had 8USB ports
-And 2 SATA 3GB connectors

-Costs 243.99$ on New Egg, its called the:
Intel BOXDX58SO LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

Here is a link to it on new egg, where it gives its specs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121361
I dont know about what you guys think, but I think this motherboard is excellent, becuase the next motherboard that supported my desired 1600mhz ram without having to overclocking was a lot more expensive!

-I wanna see what you guys think!

sprucebr1

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
Not to sure, either ASUS or GIGABYTE are good, both have some good features for i7. If you go with these you'll be paying more, If I remember right. I think MSI has a cheaper x58 board. I personally like both ASUS and GIGABYTE, I usually pick GIGABYTE for more serious (brand new) setups. Not to sure, New i7? go with GIGABYTE, Honestly, your PSU is most important. i7 CPU plus x58 board will not be cheap regardless. Good luck.

packmwm

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
the asus p6t mobo also has some of the highest reviews on several sites including tomshardware, thats what made up my mind

blackhawk1928

Distinguished

Actually I wont get more out of it, becuase the Asus P6t only supports 1333mhz, ofcourse it can more but u must overclock for that which i am not doing, the Intel mobo supports 1600mhz ram without the need to overclock, and I dont need 6 240pin connectors becuase I am getting triple channel no matter what, Core i7's need triple channel so i dont care if it has 6 slots. And the asus has Sata 3GB while the Intel has SATA II so I can take advantage of a solid state thats faster then SATA :)
-I mean this motherboard looks awsome, am I missing anything here??? Does it have some kind of rip-off....Is intel good??? I mean Intel makes good procesors so wouldn't they have good motherboards???

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
I am most likley not going to overclock my CPU, infact I am almost sure I wont becuase idk how, I only overclock GPU's... So if I am not overclocking my CPU then should I go with Intel?

Upendra09

Distinguished
Intel is a generic brand, they make good procs but mediocre mobos. Go with Gigabyte or ASUS, they have new tech and better tech, like special heat dissipators and Gigabyte's 2 oz pcbs, which is very helpful.

but if ur on a budget even with an i7 then go with Intel, and if u don't plan on OCing

and if u want quality and feasability then ASUS or Gigabyte, they give u better life, and it isn't hard to OC the buses/procs, that's probably what was done to the Intel board but they just didn't say it on newegg.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
really, thats good, becuase this board really looks attractive since I wont be overclocking my processor, I just overclock GPU not processor, so I might get it, I I find a similar asus or gigabyte that supports 1600 ram rather then 1333 ram then I will get an asus or gigabyte otherwise I got INTEL