Question Motherboard humming?

Jun 25, 2019
So i accidentally kicked my computer (I know) it crashed the computer but when i started it back up it ran fine however it now has a buzzing/humming almost grinding noise. it seems to be coming from the motherboard i think, it isnt from any fans or my cpu cooler and i doubt its from my psu. so im not sure what it is or how to fix it? and it seems like it stops when i started a game but my computer doesnt seem to have any issues other then this sound. any ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
We will need a video of the sound source to isolate who is making the hum in your system. It'd also be worthwhile if you could state which part of the system you kicked, exactly. If the system's hum is non existent when you tax it, then it should be coil whine which can come from any mosfet or power regulator on your system/board/GPU or even the PSU.

Jun 25, 2019
We will need a video of the sound source to isolate who is making the hum in your system. It'd also be worthwhile if you could state which part of the system you kicked, exactly. If the system's hum is non existent when you tax it, then it should be coil whine which can come from any mosfet or power regulator on your system/board/GPU or even the PSU.
I kicked the front of my case which is basically just a hunk of plastic if its coil whine would the kick have caused that? and should i be worried about replacing whatever it might be

edit the noise hasn't come back after taxing it, so i restarted the computer and it still isnt back so im really confused now lol

Last edited: