[SOLVED] Motherboard is missing M.2 SSD Standoff screw

elric132

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2015
Hello.

I just bought an M.2 SSD drive to add to my machine. Of course the machine is missing the standoff screw(even though I bought it new). I get the impression not all motherboards necessarily use the same dimension screws and I don't want to end up buying a bunch hoping to find the right one. I've been hunting for precise specs without success. The motherboard details are as follows:

Pegatron Thimpu Z170 Envy PAV Model # 799926-001

This is a link to the HP motherboard specs page for my machine:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...ries/8499708/model/8629546/document/c04790224

Thanks

Solution
Pegatron Thimpu
i've worked on systems with their products before but have never seen them available through retail.
i believe they are just under contract by HP/Compaq for OEM hardware.

can find no way to contact the manufacturer of the motherboard...
can find no way to contact HP support without paying for it
to contact Pegatron:
https://www.pegatroncorp.com/contactUs

HP Parts Store
if their auto-search for parts option isn't working out;
there should be a second option towards the bottom of the page to "click here to contact us" that will open a chat dialogue.
i've had to use this a couple times to find particular parts when fixing their junk proprietary pre-builts and never had to pay for support.

both...
what help are you hoping to find here?
someone that can mail you a spare?
I don't want to end up buying a bunch hoping to find the right one.
your only option is to contact the manufacturer if you're afraid to find one on your own.

many times they will just link you to their online parts store but if it is under warranty you should have no problem getting a replacement sent to you no charge.

elric132

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2015
what help are you hoping to find here?
someone that can mail you a spare?

your only option is to contact the manufacturer if you're afraid to find one on your own.

many times they will just link you to their online parts store but if it is under warranty you should have no problem getting a replacement sent to you no charge.

The machine is not under warranty.
As I said in my post, I don't want to go around buying a variety of screws hoping one will fit.
I can find no way to contact the manufacturer of the motherboard
I can find no way to contact HP support without paying for it, which seems ridiculous to just get the dimensions of a 10 cent screw.

I was hoping one of the following would be true:
someone here might know what this board uses
someone had contact info for Pegatron support

Pegatron Thimpu
i've worked on systems with their products before but have never seen them available through retail.
i believe they are just under contract by HP/Compaq for OEM hardware.

can find no way to contact the manufacturer of the motherboard...
can find no way to contact HP support without paying for it
to contact Pegatron:
https://www.pegatroncorp.com/contactUs

HP Parts Store
if their auto-search for parts option isn't working out;
there should be a second option towards the bottom of the page to "click here to contact us" that will open a chat dialogue.
i've had to use this a couple times to find particular parts when fixing their junk proprietary pre-builts and never had to pay for support.

both links very easy to find online.

Solution