[SOLVED] Motherboard is stuck on splash screen after bios update

Feb 20, 2021
Hi I recently updated my bios and after updating I realized my cmos battery wasn't in. After the update the computer wont go past the splash screen. I can't open the bios, q flash or choose my boot drive. It just gets stuck on the aorus logo. Windows will not boot either. What can i do to fix the motherboard?

My specs are:
B450 Aorus Elite
2x8gb ddr4 corsair vengeance 2400mhz
corsair vs550 power supply
Gtx 1660 ti
Ryzen 7 2700
WD Blue SN550 500GB

Solution
Since Ryzen like to have the newest BIOS, I would install the newest . BUT, don't update again until the computer starts acting a little wonky.

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
Did you install battery again and which bios you have updated previous and new one version info.
f51 bios is good for your cpu.
Just install battery again and remove ram and cpu and install them again after some time.
Or there is clear cmos pins in motherboard also try that.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021
Did you install battery again and which bios you have updated previous and new one version info.
f51 bios is good for your cpu.
Just install battery again and remove ram and cpu and install them again after some time.
Or there is clear cmos pins in motherboard also try that.
I updated from bios f4 to f 32. I tried removing the cmos battery again and clearing the cmos pins but nothing. Im going to try the cpu and ram in another motherboard as well to make sure that they are working.

Feb 20, 2021
Try unplugging the computer from the wall socket, removing the cmos , holding the power button down for 15 seconds, inserting the cmos and power up again than update the BIOS
I was able to get the bios opened should I downgrade the bios to the old version? Also it seems that non of my drives are appearing.

itsdigger

Reputable
Jan 11, 2018
Since Ryzen like to have the newest BIOS, I would install the newest . BUT, don't update again until the computer starts acting a little wonky.

Solution