Question Motherboard is toast, trying to upgrade

May 8, 2019
Specs-- My motherboard is a 760GMA-P34-FX, I have a AMD 8320 FX CPU, and a NZXT - Source 220 ATX Mid Tower Case, with a 500w powersupply. I have a small form factor GPU (dont have specs and computer is at unis's IT dept)

Question -- what would be the best motherboard to replace my current one with? under 150$, under 100$ if possible.

Extra Information-- I have a list of motherboards compatible with my CPU but have no clue which/how to pick, I am not a computer pro and don't know anything about chipsets (if one is preferred for CPU, if it matters, etc), or if a regular ATX will fit in my tower (it says it will but idk if that includes my power supply), I plan on getting into overclocking later and I don't plan on buying anymore pre-assembled systems and will be upgrading my PC by pieces in the future. Please help!

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
TBH, come up with something like 50 more bucks and take this as an opportunity to upgrade to Ryzen.

You "could" pick up a motherboard and something like an R3 1200 or R5 1600 for your budget, but will still need some RAM.
Do you have a Micro Center nearby?
They are offering a nice deal where you can pick up specific processors and then get a $30 discount on a motherboard. They have some Hyper X ram for sub $50...shouldn't be much over your $150 in that case.