Motherboard issue, probably simple

Jan 16, 2019
So my husband built this computer for me, I know some very basic things but not many. Recently we installed Windows 7 from burned disks. I was unplugging the external disk driver from my computer when my msi bios popped up. It's an z270 gaming m5. My cpu is a Intel core i5-7500 @3.40ghz. My ddr speed is at 3200mhz. I can provide more information if needed. Hoping this isn't a major issue because he will not fix it so any help would be appreciated.

Solution

No, OC'ing isn't the issue. It sounds like something unforeseen happened when you unplugged the external (DVD?) drive from the machine. Maybe ESD (static) caused a corruption to the W7 installation while it was finalizing. Did this occur just after the Win7 installation completed?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

No, OC'ing isn't the issue. It sounds like something unforeseen happened when you unplugged the external (DVD?) drive from the machine. Maybe ESD (static) caused a corruption to the W7 installation while it was finalizing. Did this occur just after the Win7 installation completed?

Solution

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

You may have to, yes. You said your husband built the PC. Have you asked him to look at it? Sometimes hands-on with the machine in front of you is better than trying to diagnose from afar.

Jan 16, 2019
I hate myself, I went to take a picture of the inside of my computer just now and I noticed unplugged the cord on the side of the motherboard! Watched a video on youtube of where to plug it back in. I'm sorry to have wasted your time. I appreciate your help though, thank you!

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Very good! It's always better when you solve the problem yourself. No worries about wasting my time. Just glad your gaming PC is back in service. Btw, do you know what the cable was from? Hard Drive?

TRENDING THREADS