[SOLVED] Motherboard Issues (possible cmos problem)

Aug 29, 2021
Recently my pc has been having this odd issue where to power it on i have to take out the cmos battery wait about a minute and put it back in while i spam the power button. At first i would shut down my pc at the end of the day and it would power off fine but at some point my pc would shut down, but all the parts stayed on including lights, fans, etc. this would force me to flip off the power on the back in order to get it to completely turn off. This isn’t the only time this has happened, but to fix it both times I took apart my entire computer to find the problem, wouldn’t find anything, would put it back together and it would work good as new. After about a month after of wait time the problem arises again and the same thing fixes it where i take the pc apart and put it all back. Anyone have any idea what might be going on? The obvious solution is to get a new motherboard but i don’t want to spend all that money when this one shows signs of being fixable.

Aug 29, 2021
AMD Ryzen 3 2300x
GTX Geforce 1060
16GB DDR4 Ram
750w EVGA PSU

essentially it’s a pretty budget build, yes i built it myself, and in terms of faults no. this is the only issue i’ve had with it and the parts were purchased new. the cmos battery in is less than a month old. this is the weirdest issue i’ve ever come across.

Assuming you use W10. The way it shut down is it doesn't actually shut down completely but goes in a state of sleep (that's why the startup take just little time).

When turning off the computer, try to hold Shift key while turning off. See if it behaves different after that.