Motherboard LED works - but pc still will not power on.

Thunda101

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
- Just to make things clear, by motherboard LED, i mean the green light on the motherboard

While using my computer, I had out of nowhere got a bunch of white squares that popped up on my screen and the image froze until I reset my computer. After trying to reset the computer, my fans and LED's would turn on for 3 seconds and then shut off. I then powered off my computer and waited for about 10 minutes and tried again and it was the same thing. After trying again a second time, my PC wouldn't turn on at all.

After this I had assumed it was my power supply cause I was having power issues in recent weeks with usb devices connecting and reconnecting and them having insufficient power. I also have problems with the front USB ports on my computer. I was also getting hang ups on start up where my computer would sometimes freeze at the starting windows sign unless I unplug the power from the wall and wait a bit.

I had purchased a new power supply and found that this wasn't the problem. However, when I turn the power switch on on the power supply, the Motherboard LED light comes on, but it still will not turn on.

I've tried reseating the battery and that hasn't worked. In the coming weeks I'll be sending in my RAM and CPU for their warranty to be sure.

CPU Specs -
Motherboard: M4N68T-M
CPU: AMD X6 1090t
GPU: AMD HD6850
RAM:8 GB G.Skill Sniper Series 1600 MHz RAM
Hard Drive: 3TB Toshiba HDD & Western Digital 500GB blue HDD

Thunda101

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
I should also add that when my PC was able to turn on, my graphics card fans would not power on, even though the rest of the computer was able to turn on. My monitor which was plugged into the graphics card wasn't picking up any signal.

I'm wondering if it's a motherboard Issue, but want to be sure before sending it in.

TRENDING THREADS