Motherboard LEDs light up but no power to other components

Oct 26, 2018
I am building another DIY PC and this time I had a weird issue. When in a configuration with either every component or just barebones only the mobo leds light up and nothing else gets power. I have checked every PSU pin with a multimeter and they all work, RMA’d the gpu, cpu and mobo and double checked all connections. Even the cooler fan won’t start. Jumping and clearing CMOS hasn’t helped either but I also don’t know if I need to update bios. Is there something else wrong with the psu or is it the ram. I haven’t seen a faulty ram stick cause everything to not power on but it’s the only thing I haven’t replaced or checked. The rgb on the mobo is on as well as the ‘’PWR_LED’ which is red. Is there a way to test my ram or do I need to try something else like messing with the motherboard more?

i5 8600k
bequiet pure rock
Asus z370-e
EVGA 650W supernova G3
Gskill trident z 16gb 3200Mhz
Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC 11G

Your components should be good to go out of the box so I don't think BIOS revision is an issue. Have you tried your ram sticks individually in different slots? Check your cpu for possible bent pins. You could always try your build without the gpu and see if there is any difference at all.

Oct 26, 2018

I’ve tried barebones (w/out gpu and only one ram stick) in every slot w both of them as well as checked the pins on the cpu n stuff. I’m beginning to be convinced it’s some obscure bs problem I can’t really fix. Will other components in a system ex cooler fan power on if the ram is dysfunctional?