Prominent
Apr 2, 2020
My specs
CPU - Intel i5 11400
Mobo - Msi z490 Gaming Plus
Psu - EVGA 600 BR
Ram - OLOy Warhawk DDR4 2x8 gb 3000 mz
Case - NZXT H510

I am putting together a build and every time I turn it on the computer, I get nothing on my display and the DRAM light comes on the motherboard debug. I have tried one stick of the ram in each of the DIMMs, with no luck. The rgb lights on the ram do come on however.

Lutfij

Titan
Which two slots are the rams occupying on the motherboard? A2 and B2? There's a sticker on the motherboard's PCB that should have a labelling stating the BIOS version that the motherboard came shipped with. I'm wondering if you don't have the latest BIOS update meant for the processor.

In any case, check and see that there aren't any bent or broken pins in the CPU socket. You forgot to mention the make and model of your discrete GPU.

lmhoxsie

Prominent
Apr 2, 2020
I’m using integrated graphics for now, and have tried both of the sticks by themselves in each of the slots. I don’t have the bios update for eleventh gen, but do you think that would prevent me from getting into the bios altogether? I’m testing my ram later today on my friend’s computer to make sure it isn’t dead.