Question Motherboard lights flash when psu is turned on but doesn't work when I try to turn it on

Nov 28, 2020
I have the Gigabyte Aorus pro wifi motherboard and the Gigabyte P650B 80 plus bronze psu. Every time that I flip the switch on the psu, the lights on my motherboard flash for a split second and immediately stop. When I try to hit the power button to turn on my pc, nothing happens. No fans turn on, no POST, nothing.

Nov 28, 2020
hardware should be compatible , recheck power from the psu to the motherboard
I've checked my cpu 8 pin and 24 pin connectors at least 3 times, I've also checked my gpu connector countless times.
I'm worried that somehow I managed to short circuit my motherboard. Is there any way I could tell if I short circuited it?

Blackink

Honorable
Apr 27, 2014
Is this a newly built computer or have you had it for awhile?

Can you tell, when you flip that PSU switch to on, if any of the fans even move a little? Maybe just a twitch?

Nov 28, 2020
Is this a newly built computer or have you had it for awhile?

Can you tell, when you flip that PSU switch to on, if any of the fans even move a little? Maybe just a twitch?
Yes I've been building this pc for the last couple of days.

When I flip the psu switch to on, the fans don't even twitch, no movement. Same with when I hit the power button to start up the pc

Blackink

Honorable
Apr 27, 2014
If you can remove the mobo from the case, plug in the 24 & 4 pin power supply, one stick of RAM, leave the CPU & cooler in/attached, and see if it'll power up then.
If not, try another ram stick, try them one at a time.
Make sure the monitor is plugged into the graphics card.
Don't connect any hard drives, you're trying to see if it;ll just POST.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS