[SOLVED] Motherboard lights up, but nothing else comes on

Jul 4, 2021
My PC was experiencing constant BSOD. I ran memtest+ and it found bad sectors. So I replaced the old RAM with a pair of 16GB Mushkin Silverline DDR4 2133MHz sticks.

Same exact error down to the addresses

pgLKn0q.jpg

So I bought a new motherboard and a new CPU just to be safe.
I settled on the ASUS PRIME B365M-A and an Intel Core i5-9600k, which I confirmed would be compatible.

I put the board, CPU, thermal paste, old stock cooler, and RAM in my case with my EVGA 450B power supply, which still works with the old board and CPU (ASRock H110M-HDS and Core i5-6500). Plugged in the 8-pin CPU connector and the 24-pin connector, and the power switch. Confirmed everything we properly seated.
The orange LED on the motherboard lights up, but when I press the power button (or connect the pins with a screwdriver) absolutely nothing happens. None of the fans spin up, nothing appears on the screen. I tried resetting the CMOS, but still nothing.

Wqso1gM.jpg

I've dropped almost $500 on a 4 year old computer that I really need to get up and running for my freelance work.

Solution
My PC was experiencing constant BSOD. I ran memtest+ and it found bad sectors. So I replaced the old RAM with a pair of 16GB Mushkin Silverline DDR4 2133MHz sticks.

pgLKn0q.jpg

I settled on the ASUS PRIME B365M-A and an Intel Core i5-9600k, which I confirmed would be compatible.

I put the board, CPU, thermal paste, old stock cooler, and RAM in my case with my EVGA 450B power supply, which still works with the old board and CPU (ASRock H110M-HDS and Core i5-6500). Plugged in the 8-pin CPU connector and the 24-pin connector, and the power switch. Confirmed everything we properly seated.
The orange LED on...

pgLKn0q.jpg

The orange LED on the motherboard lights up, but when I press the power button (or connect the pins with a screwdriver) absolutely nothing happens. None of the fans spin up, nothing appears on the screen. I tried resetting the CMOS, but still nothing.

Wqso1gM.jpg

I've dropped almost $500 on a 4 year old computer that I really need to get up and running for my freelance work.
Maybe the bios is still at the stock old bios, not updated yet. 9600k is supported at bios 0606 on that motherboard, you should try to try to buy a used Pentium G4900 and see if it could boot.

Reactions: Ashdragoneer
Solution