[SOLVED] Motherboard lights up, but nothing else.

Dec 7, 2019
I have recently gotten some new parts for my PC. I have put them in and now it won't turn on.
Old parts:
Asus RTX 2070 Super
850w black edition PSU
H100i Water cooler

New parts:
Intel i7 - 9700K
Asus Prime z370 A11
Corsair 500D
16GB DDR4 2400MHZ RAM

I also have storage devices, but not going to list them. The motherboard lights up, but nothing else does. The motherboard has a power light on which indicates that it is getting power and there is an on/off button built into the motherboard and that does not start the system either. I have checked that all connections are secure. I have read online that a Z370 will require a bios update to run the 9700K, but am I right in thinking that the system should at least make it to the bios? View: https://imgur.com/a/GpSyN4Z

Solution
Nope. Without a BIOS update with a compatible CPU your computer will not function. Some mobos allow for you to update without a CPU but I dont think yours is one of them

You will either need to take the mobo to a computer shop that could do it for you, borrow a CPU from someone or return it and try and find a mobo that already has an updated BIOS.
Nope. Without a BIOS update with a compatible CPU your computer will not function. Some mobos allow for you to update without a CPU but I dont think yours is one of them

You will either need to take the mobo to a computer shop that could do it for you, borrow a CPU from someone or return it and try and find a mobo that already has an updated BIOS.

Solution
Dec 7, 2019

Thanks for the response.