[SOLVED] Motherboard lights up no fans spin

Apr 6, 2019
I had got a new graphics card gtx 1050 and I was working fine then one day I would play fortnite and my cpu usage would go up to 100% the I would get no signal on my monitor but it was only fortnite I wouldn’t get this problem with rust but one day later I did get this problem with rust and I looked it up and I was about to search for a bios update and now I click the button I see there is power going to the pc/motherboard but no fans are spinning including the cpu fan gpu fan and case fan

I have a i5 6500
Gpu gtx 1050

Solution
Does it display something like "Cable not connected" or is the screen black? Do you know the name of the motherboard? Sorry if i sound like I'm not helping, but there's a lot of factors at play when it comes to a display not showing an image, it could be your Graphics card, monitor, CPU, or even the cable that connects your graphics card to your monitor.

jackman9061

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
Motherboards tend to light up a specific colour to tell you why it can't POST, look up your motherboard's manual online and check why a specific coloured light is lighting up. So if the colour that means there's something wrong with your BIOS lights up, then that eliminates other possibilities.

Apr 6, 2019
Motherboards tend to light up a specific colour to tell you why it can't POST, look up your motherboard's manual online and check why a specific coloured light is lighting up. So if the colour that means there's something wrong with your BIOS lights up, then that eliminates other possibilities.
When it booted normally it’s red and it is still red

jackman9061

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
Have you tried entering the BIOS on start up? Just press the Delete or F2 key when you boot (the key could be different depending on your Motherboard, but give those 2 keys a shot first). Your fans could be PWM fans, which means they can be controlled via the BIOS.

Apr 6, 2019
Have you tried entering the BIOS on start up? Just press the Delete or F2 key when you boot (the key could be different depending on your Motherboard, but give those 2 keys a shot first). Your fans could be PWM fans, which means they can be controlled via the BIOS.
I don’t even get into the bios like I press the power button and the blue power like on my case lights up but I get no signal on my monitor and no fans spin

jackman9061

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
Does it display something like "Cable not connected" or is the screen black? Do you know the name of the motherboard? Sorry if i sound like I'm not helping, but there's a lot of factors at play when it comes to a display not showing an image, it could be your Graphics card, monitor, CPU, or even the cable that connects your graphics card to your monitor.

Last edited:
Solution
Apr 6, 2019
It says check signal cable
And the mobo is like a msi pro vd plus