Motherboard Line Out Port cannot detect speaker

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
So I have recently built my first computer last weekend. It is up and running with Windows 10. My specs are

Ryzen 5 1600X
Rog Strix B350-F Gaming Motherboard
16GB of RAM
Asus - Radeon RX 580 8GB Rog Strix.

After successfully completing my build and installing all the drivers, my computer is not detecting my speakers at all. I tried plugging in my speakers in my office computer, it is working fine and loud. The quality sucks when I plug my speaker in to my monitor. I check my list of installed programs and the Realtek drivers is installed. I even tried uninstalling the driver I originally downloaded from the motherboard's support site and installing the Realtek driver from the Realtek's download website. Still not detecting my speaker. I tried enabling and disabling my onboard audio from the BIOS settings and still no luck. I am lost right now. I have successfully completed my first computer and the only issue I am having up to this point is no sound! How do I resolve this! I want to play my video games and watch movies with an epic sound quality. My monitor's built-in speaker is "okay" quality.

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018

Yes I have and my speakers still does not show. My boss at IT walked through with me on these stuff yesterday over the phone. He was nice enough to help me out. So I went download my manufacturer's version of realtek, downloaded it and installed it. After rebooting, I went to the volume icon > right click > sounds > playback devices > right click to show disabled and disconnected devices and my frickin speakers still doesn't show. This is just an example of an image I pull off from google images to show you what I'm talking about. This speaker icon never shows. https://images.drivereasy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Set-default-speakers-Windows-10.png

The image shows your motherboards audio playback is set to digital output instead of analog output. Try disabling "Digital Audio (S/PDIF)".

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018

This is an example of an image from google. None of these are my devices. I have a monitor that has a built-in speaker. The monitor to my GPU is HDMI-to-HDMI and I disabled my monitor's speaker, but the speaker still does not show. Is there something wrong with my motherboard that just won't even show anything in any audio ports at all? It works fine when I use a bluetooth adapter to my bluetooth speaker, but not my wired speakers. I think I might have a faulty motherboard that just won't detect any speakers at all.

If you were getting audio on your monitor, HDMI was set as the default Playback device. Did you disable HDMI in "Control Panel > Sound > Playback"? What is the default Playback device at this moment?

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018

So this solution never worked. I don't think my onboard audio plugs can't even detect anything at all! My PC will only be able to receive sound through another device using HDMI to HDMI and that the other end already has a sound system or I use a bluetooth adapter to sync with my bluetooth device. Today I went to Best Buy and found something to replace for my onboard audio device. This little piece of device for only 14 buck saved my butt from having to buy a PCI sound card! https://www.bestbuy.com/site/roccat-juke-virtual-7-1-usb-stereo-gaming-soundcard-headset-adapter/5057511.p?skuId=5057511 This helped resolved my sound! All I have to do was plug it in, download the driver, reboot my computer, and then bam my PC is now receiving sound! This thing works like a charm! I would recommend this to anyone if their onboard audio plug can't even detect a single speaker or headphone!

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018

Hey if you read my last comment to rocktalkrock, I was able to fix my audio issue. I did make sure that the plug was all the way in. Still not receiving sound. But after I have bought that USB-to-Line Out adapter, it works like a charm. I think the motherboard that I bought for my custom build has a faulty onboard audio. I think. But hey, this adapter that I bought at Best Buy today just helped me get audio! I am watching a YouTube video and it sounds so dang crystal clear! Best product for anyone if their onboard audio plugs can't give a shit about detecting your speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts