[SOLVED] Motherboard m.2 heatsink, the one that comes with the ssd or both.

Melvin_6

Honorable
Mar 30, 2016
Hey I have a ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero and I wan't to get the XPG GAMMIX S50 Lite PCIe Gen4x4. Should I use this with the heatsink that comes with the ssd, or the motherboard heatsink? I need to remove the default heatsink to add the motherboard one? The thing is that the motherboard heatsink looks nicer, but I'll rather not go into the trouble of removing the default heatsink. What is usually recomended? Thanks

Solution
Hey I have a ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero and I wan't to get the XPG GAMMIX S50 Lite PCIe Gen4x4. Should I use this with the heatsink that comes with the ssd, or the motherboard heatsink? I need to remove the default heatsink to add the motherboard one? The thing is that the motherboard heatsink looks nicer, but I'll rather not go into the trouble of removing the default heatsink. What is usually recomended? Thanks
I would use the one on the SSD. It has been optimally designed for that specific SSD. Any motherboard heatsink is just a generic heatsink.

kanewolf

Titan
I would use the one on the SSD. It has been optimally designed for that specific SSD. Any motherboard heatsink is just a generic heatsink.

Reactions: Iver Hicarte
Solution