Motherboard Makers Drop Intel 7 Series Board Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

shardey

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I am very pleased with my 2820qm sandy bridge in my laptop, now looking forward to building a desktop with Ivy Bridge! This is great news.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Joy of joys it nearly offsets the HDD price increases. Guess that's why I opted to buy a used HD off ebay for cheap something I normally wouldn't have considered for that kind of part.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Great, now all we need is to have DDR2 price hike, while DDR3 stays, then Intel lower their CPU price further, so I can dispose my 775 secondary system for second 1155 without much added cost!

I'm just hoping for RAID 0/1/5/10 support with SATA III, USB 3.0, Thunderbolt, Dual PCI-e 3.0 x16, a couple x1 or even x4 slots and good overclocking controls for K series CPU's for under $150.

Also please no PCI slots, PS/2, LPT, SATA II, IDE, Floppy or COM ports. They just waste space that can be used on new connectors.

Though for now I could really care less about thunderbolt. The only time I connect an external is for backup purposes. Internal RAID is a must though. I have dual SSD's in RAID 0 and three data hard drives in RAID 0. That way I get extreme speed and capacity for storage and programs.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
[citation][nom]knowom[/nom]Guess that's why I opted to buy a used HD off ebay for cheap something I normally wouldn't have considered for that kind of part.[/citation]
Imo HDD and storage is the only thing I do not ever never buy used. I mean, this is where you store the precious data. your pc can fail completely, if the hdd survives you still have the data. buying cpu mothoerboards ram gpu wtever doesn't compromises the data. HDD's do. moreover HDD's have a limited lifetime that is limited by the use they had. I buy almost everything used or refurbished including ES cpu's and such but I never ever buy used storage devices.

G

One thing you fail to understand is that any component when faulty can corrupt data, not just the HDD. Ever try to run a system with a bad memory stick? Can you say data corruption?

Status
Not open for further replies.