Question Motherboard Making PC Underperform?

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
I did a Cinebench run (r23) and got 9032. Someone said with my CPU I should be getting 10,000 or higher. I have pics from userbenchmark saying my PC is under performing but I don't know how to send them.

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
Just send the link of the benchmark result. And what CPU, what mobo, we need more info to assess anything
I got this.
UserBenchmarks: Game 96%, Desk 88%, Work 93%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X - 80.6%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070S (Super) - 113%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB - 246%
SSD: WD Black NVMe PCIe M.2 256GB (2017) - 100.7%
RAM: Corsair CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18 2x8GB - 95%
MBD: Gigabyte GA-X570 GAMING X
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/35735226

You have high background cpu usage, check task manager to see what's running in the background.
But how does that explain the low GPU score? I do not understand. I thought GPU utilization drops if there's only stuff in the background and not on screen.

Not really anything is running in the background. Just Chrome, voicemeeter, discord and that's about it
Also, what case, PSU, and how much temperatures are you getting? If you can find that

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
But how does that explain the low GPU score? I do not understand. I thought GPU utilization drops if there's only stuff in the background and not on screen.

Also, what case, PSU, and how much temperatures are you getting? If you can find that
My case is a Corsair 220T Airflow, Corsair 850 W Gold psu and my temps look fine. CPU and GPU sits around 35-40 on idle and doesn't go past 75 in games.

My case is a Corsair 220T Airflow, Corsair 850 W Gold psu and my temps look fine. CPU and GPU sits around 35-40 on idle and doesn't go past 75 in games.
Hmmm, I'm not sure why this is happening, but if it has something to do with some random BIOS setting that screwed up, you can try removing the battery and putting it on again. Unplug from wall, ground it, remove battery wait 5 mins try again

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
Hmmm, I'm not sure why this is happening, but if it has something to do with some random BIOS setting that screwed up, you can try removing the battery and putting it on again. Unplug from wall, ground it, remove battery wait 5 mins try again
Removing the battery on the MOBO? Can't that mess up my PC or no? I remember a Youtube video saying it can delete everything I have or worse.

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
Well we now know that your motherboard is acting funny at least. Do you have any access to another motherboard through a friend or anything where you can plug in your parts and test?
My brother is in the room next to me and he has a PC. When he wakes up I can try it. I can only try my GPU though because he has a Intel CPU.

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
Well we now know that your motherboard is acting funny at least. Do you have any access to another motherboard through a friend or anything where you can plug in your parts and test?
He didn't let me so I don't have another PC to test with. Also, don't know if this is a problem or not but under my GPU on the MOBO and in GPU there was some white powder. Don't know if its just a lot of dust or something else. Some other parts of my PC are a bit dusty so.

My brother is in the room next to me and he has a PC. When he wakes up I can try it. I can only try my GPU though because he has a Intel CPU.
He didn't let me so I don't have another PC to test with. Also, don't know if this is a problem or not but under my GPU on the MOBO and in GPU there was some white powder. Don't know if its just a lot of dust or something else. Some other parts of my PC are a bit dusty so.
That's probably just dust

What happened between 28 days ago and 12 days ago? Your very first userbenchmark had a much better GPU score. You should also close everything (Chrome, Discord, etc.) before running the benchmark.
Reboot, log in, wait 5 minutes at a blank desktop, close all unnecessary background apps, then run the userbenchmark again and post the results.

Swiizy

Prominent
Apr 4, 2020
What happened between 28 days ago and 12 days ago? Your very first userbenchmark had a much better GPU score. You should also close everything (Chrome, Discord, etc.) before running the benchmark.
Reboot, log in, wait 5 minutes at a blank desktop, close all unnecessary background apps, then run the userbenchmark again and post the results.
The only thing I really did between both benchmarks was install a game on steam. That's pretty much the only thing I did. When I did them I only had discord open and nothing else. This time I did it again with nothing open. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/35919079